Guile Problems (during GnuCash install)

Dwight Frye dwight@openweave.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:11:29 -0400 (EDT)

I am finally trying to get GnuCash 1.6.2 installed and am running
into problems. (Like many others.) I have a stock-standard RedHat
7.0 system. Upon that system I have installed the latest Ximian
Gnome release successfully. When I issue the command 'rpm -q guile'
I get the response "guile-1.4-ximian.9".

However, when I try to invoke 'guile' (which happens when you run
'./configure' in the Guppi source directory) I get the following
error:

guile: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libguile.so.9: symbol __sysconf, version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Any clue? Clearly I have an incompatible library somehwere, but
I am surprised at this given the fact that I have fresh install
of Ximian installed on a fairly clean RH 7.0 system.

I guess I could build guile from source ... but that starts to seem
a little excessive. Is that my only choice?

  -- Dwight