Liability accounts and amortization

list.gnucash@docwhat.gerf.org list.gnucash@docwhat.gerf.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:26:10 -0500

* Matthew Vanecek (linux4us@earthlink.net) [010830 23:11]:
> What's the best way to set up an amortized liability account?  I'm kinda
> looking for an easy way to correctly add interest to the account, and
> split payments between interest & principal without having to constantly
> reference the amortization calendars and my business calculator and my
> spreadsheet(s).

Is Amortization the correct word for managing the interest in an
account (either a loan or credit card) automatically?

I think, along with a FAQ, a Glossary of terms should be created.
Possibly to go into the GnuCash documentation.

Ciao!

--
Digital circuits are made from analog parts.
	 -- Don Vonada

The Doctor What: A really hip dude               http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC