FAQ (Was: Good Accounting Book (FAQ, I'm sure))

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:52:00 -0400

In a message dated: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:23:43 CDT
list.gnucash@docwhat.gerf.org said:

>* Paul Lussier (pll@mclinux.com) [010831 08:04]:
>> This brings up a good point, there doesn't seem to be a FAQ on the
>> website.  Anyone interested in setting up FAQ-O-Matic?
>
>Should it be a FAQ-O-Matic or a Wikki or just someone editing HTML?

I'm partial to FOM, because it's simple, straightforward, and pretty
self-explanatory.

Our local LUG just had a presentation on TWiki, and even after that I
must admin, I just don't get it.  I don't see what TWiki (or anyother Wiki
for that matter) offers that FOM doesn't, other than it's got some
bizarre sub-culture thingy going for it.  I find that it's overly
confusing as well.  But that's just my $.02 :) (okay, it's more like $.05 :)

>I would be willing to create a first version, and to *help* (with
>others) maintain it.

Obviously as would I.  Of course, in theory, with  FOM (or a Wiki),
it should be somewhat self-maintaining, no?
--

Seeya,
Paul