gnucash 1.6.1 questions

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:52:33 -0500

Umm Couldn't agree more strongly with robert.  check-printing and
auto-bill-pay are neat features (which gnucsh struggles with), but
it misses the point of personal finance.

The point being: when you know *where* your money is going (food,
rent, coffee & cigs), then you can control it.  This is particularly
true when you don't have a lot of money: college students on non-budgets
discover fundamental truths like:  new stratocaster== one-months
beer&cigarettes budget.  So if you stop drinking at the pub, you can
afford a new guitar.

An imbalance account is a sign of not being aware of how money is being
spent.  It basically says 'this money disappeared into thin air', and
really means that you're missing out on the best reason to use gnucash.

--linas

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:15:01AM -0600, Robert A. Uhl was heard to remark: