Debian 1.6.4-3 install problems

John Thompson John.Thompson@attglobal.net
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:25:57 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Jens wrote:

> I haven't had any responses to this so I am reposting ......
>
> Somebody ????  Please !!!
>
> Jens
>

> On November 30, 2001 11:05 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > My gnucash installation hasn't worked in some time. It didn't bother me for
> > the longest time since it was a good excuse to not do paperwork. Well, the
> > mountain of paper is starting to tilt and I am afraid of it tipping over. I
> > decided to get the newest version from cvs. It compiled fine but upon
> > running gnucash I get a shared library error message - libguppiuseful.so.11
> > (who thinks these names up anyway?) is missing. Hmmm, I found the necessary
> > file in the guppi package which in Debian (unstable) has been replaced by
> > libguppi13 which is installed on my system. I didn't know how to proceed
> > from here so I did what was told in so many posts around this group - I
> > installed from the deb distribution. Only problem is, I get exactly the
> > same error. I tried deleting libguppi13 and reinstalling from the gnucash
> > deb package but no go.
> > Anybody with a hint on how to proceed on this ?

Have you tried sym-linking your existing libguppiuseful.so.13 to
libguppiuseful.so.11 (ie, "ln -s /usr/lib/libguppiuseful.so.13
/usr/lib/libguppiuseful.so.11")?  If that doesn't work, you can compile
gnucash without guppi (configure --disable-guppi) if you can live without
the graphing support guppi provides.  Here, I've never been able to get
guppi working at all on my system, so I always compile gnucash without
guppi.

--

-John (John.Thompson@attglobal.net)