Net Assets again

Lars Burgstahler lars@calibastra.de
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:55:30 +0100

Hi,

and thanks for the help I got with my last question. However, I'm still
confused about Net Assets. New example:

I create a completely new file and chose "Common Accounts" as a base for my
file in the druid. All my accounts are empty!

Now I get 200,-EUR from my parents. O.k. the money must come from somewhere
and it comes from Income->GiftsReceived and it must go somewhere, so it goes
to Assets->CurrentAssets->CashInWallet. First question: is that correct?

But now I got a Net Asset of 400,-EUR and a gain of 400,-EUR.

Sorry, but I don't get it. Any help would really be appreciated.

thanks, lars