Question about automatic stock quote tabulation

Robert A. Uhl ruhl@4dv.net
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:57:11 -0700

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 03:32:09PM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> > Is there a way to do this automatically, so that I can always open
> > gnucash and see the value of my stocks as of the latest share
> > price? When setting up my stocks, it asked me if I wanted to use
> > Yahoo or Yahoo Europe, I think, but nothing happened. I do have
> > Finance::Quote installed on my system. Is it possible to do this
> > with my version and if so, how can I do it? Any help appreciated.
>
> With GnuCash 1.4 that isn't really possible to do.

ISTR a script--poss. named gnc-update--which one could run which would
update stocks.  It's be a simple matter, then, to make all of one's
shorcuts/command line aliases &c. run gnc-update; gnucash.

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl@4dv.net>

Be wary of strong drink; it makes you shoot tax collectors--and miss.
                                                   --Robert Heinlein