how to recors a layby

Rob Brown-Bayliss on_the_net@clear.net.nz
19 Dec 2001 18:18:08 +1300

> Does this all make sense to you?

Yes, more so t hat the liabilite at least, so my asset grows with each
payment to the store,

Next question, my payments come from another asset account (savings at
bank), so I am transfering from one asset to another, total assets
remain the same correct?

So the camera gear is always an asset, but if I ever sell it I wont get
what I paid, at this point what do I do with the difference, the
depreciation?  Pop it in to an expense account?

Truth is that for home accounts I did not see the point in recording
computers and other toys as an asset, cars and houses sure.  Maybe I
should...

> BTW, in the US we call it a layaway. ;o)

And they say we speak the same language ;o)

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss