Gnucash 1.6.4 & first ever problem

gnucash@rootme.org gnucash@rootme.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:23:46 -0500

Color me lucky, but after using gnucash for about 8 months, I ran into
my first problem today.  I'm using freebsd4.4-stable (last cvsup 12/11)
and I access my homedir over nfs, which includes my MasterAccountList
file.  Before I get flamed about using NFS, I use nfs over tcp, and all
machines are on the same 100mb fasteth switch.  I've used this for over
a 15 months without a problem.  Anyway, I entered a bunch of stuff, and
out of habit, I do a save when switching accounts.  The problem is
everything appeared to be fine.  I finished the transactions, and then
hit save one last time, and quit gnucash.

My wife asked a question, so I fired up gnucash to answer it, and found
out there was no
MasterAccountList file in my homedir.  There were no outstanding NFS
xfers, and in fact, no errors.  There wasn't a .xac file for this sess
ion, but there was a .log of the entire thing. I can't find that it
saved it in any $TMP/$TMPDIR location or anywhere else on the system.
It just appears to have not saved it at all.  I didn't see any errors on
the console (I syslog *.* to console because I'm like that) relati
ng to neither nfs nor gnucash.  Since I can't replay the log, I'll just
enter all the data in again, but I thought it odd that there was no
 error, not even a "can't write file" or anything like that from
gnucash.

Odd?

--

|  Andy   |     e-mail      |      web       | gpg/pgp keyid |
|         | andy@lewman.com | www.lewman.com |   ED788962    |

Take my word for it, the silliest woman can manage a clever man, but it
needs a very clever woman to manage a fool.
		-- Kipling