Splits booked on different days

lmb lars@marowsky-bree.de
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:19:04 +0100

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Hi,

I am running into a slight problem here :-)

The best example:

I withdraw EUR 200 from my bank account. I instantly have EUR500 more in my
wallet; however, the transaction doesn't show up on my bank account for lets
say 4 days; what date do I use when entering the transaction?

After a few days, it doesn't matter because the total on both accounts is
still correct. However, when calculating interest or reconciling accounts, =
it
matters.

How is this solved?

I could see using an intermediate transfer account for each of these
transactions, but that kind of gives me the creeps ;-)

Sincerely,
	Lars

--=20
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end."
        -- Margeret Thatcher

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--