Wacked out Income/Expense Chart

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
29 Dec 2001 23:46:57 -0500

I've been trying all the various reports to find out what I can get
out of Gnucash.  When I ran the Income/Expense Chart report, I found
two months that had *really* odd income and expense values.  After
poking around, I found that Gnucash seems to think that I had about
USD$50,000 in income on 2001-12-10.  I wish.  Of course, it also
thinks I had a about USD$50,000 in expenses that day, so it balances
out.  If I do a search for all transactions on that day, I find I did
have some income due to capital gains being posted to a mutual fund
account.  But the amount is a few hundred dollars.

Suspecting something strange with these accounts, I told Gnucash to
exclude all my capital gains income accounts but the huge amount is
still there.

What's up?

roland
--