Back to Gnucash 1.4

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws@ruralnet.net.au
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 07:39:47 +1100

Happy New Year to all.

I am in the middle of changing my email address, and have changed several
mailing lists twice.  I am not sure how far I got with gnucash-users.

I upgraded to Mandrake 8.1 and Gnucash 1.6.4 and quite liked it.
Unfortunately my boat-anchor of a computer is too gutless to handle the
distro, and i had to go back to 7.2 with Gnucash 1.4.7.  Apparently I can't
convert my data files, but I have 2 other problems:

1.  Gnucash keeps wanting to open the 1.6 data file, even though the file
doesn't exist and this is a completely new install.  I even went so far as to
delete the old /home/.gnucash directory and to reinstall gnucash afterward.
Where is it getting this from?

2.  When I try to save the new file, the program complains that the file I
want to use doesn't exist.  I then created an empty file, and the program
didn't like it because it was empty.  Very strange!

BTW, does version 1.6.5 use the same libraries as 1.6.4, or is it unavailable
in practice until it appears in a distro?

Doug.