Transaction Recalculated Before Split Complete

Dad leonmcclatchey@homemail.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:16:11 -0600

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 05:17 pm, Todd Greer wrote:
> > From: Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com>@lists.gnumatic.com on 01/25/20=
01
> >       02:42 PM PST
>
> [speaking of splits]
>
> > In GnuCash 1.4.x, they change as you enter new data, which as you
> > have discovered is often annoying. The next major version will not
> > do this.
>
> Thank you!  I had been meaning to send an email begging you to change
> this behaviour.  The one thing that makes me scream at Gnucash and
> froth at the mouth is when it keeps changing the wrong entries in the
> split in a cyclic way that won't let me get the right values in.

I did discover that if you leave the first entry blank, and just add the =
new=20
entries on the split accounts, then only the top entry changes and it=20
coincides with the amounts being entered below it:-)  BTW, I am currently=
=20
using version 1.4.5, (I think) I did try to install 1.4.9 but it kept tel=
ling=20
me that I was missing a library file so I gave up on it.

--=20
cya l8r
Leon McClatchey
mailto:leonmcclatchey@homemail.com
Linux User 78912 (Suse70 Box)

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.