reconciling new qif import

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 23:41:42 -0800

"J.D. Laub" writes:
> cbbrowne has a good point about automatically reconciling newly imported
> data from quicken (see
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2000-November/001627.html),
> but the dilema I have is 4.5 years of data - several hundred
> transactions - and no easy way to reconcile them from within gnucash.
> Best I can see, the reconcile function requires a click for each
> transaction - there's no way to mark many transactions at once as
> to-be-reconciled.  Am I missing something?  Several hundred clicks isn't
> very appealling.

No, you're right, but I think I have a solution that satisfies
cbbrowne's points and your concerns. The qif importer marks
qif 'reconciled' transactions as cleared. In the development
version of gnucash I have modified the reconcile dialog to
automatically check off cleared transactions so that the
dialog opens with them already checked. So you still need
to go through reconciliation to confirm gnucash's opinion
of your balances, but you don't have to wade through all
the clicks.

It's pretty simple, so I will add this to the stable version
for 1.4.11.

dave