gnucash and price quote source list for stocks?

Herbert Doleschel herbert.doleschel@t-online.de
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 04:51:30 +0100

Am Montag,  5. Februar 2001 23:10 schrieben Sie:
> Hello!
> I wonder how I can make gnucash give me the possibility to extend the price
> quote source list for stocks and mutual funds, since it doesn't contain the
> source I need. If I could select this source from within gnucash I were
> able to use gncprices to keep my accounts up to date much more easily.
>
> Has anbody got a hint?
>
> Thanks
> Dirk
Perhaps you could try this:
Look if your favorite source is supported by the Perl Finance::Quote Module
and download it (Sourecforge/CPAN). If it is supported you still have to
change gnc-prices.

As i don't use "TIAACREF" I patched gnc-prices (here's a diff)
< use Quote;
---
> use Finance::Quote;
173c173,179
<       @quotes_list = &Quote::fetch($quotesrc, $security);
---
>       if ( $quotesrc eq "TIAACREF")
>       {
>         $quotesrc="vwd";# put your source here
>       }
>       @quotes_list = &Finance::Quote::fetch($quotesrc, $security);
To use the new source select "TIAACREF" in gnucash.

Not the easiest way, but it works.

Herbert