Installation, next step

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:32:30 -0800

Christian Rolli writes:
> Hi list,
>
> me again. Thank you for your help in downloading
> gnucash. It finally worked and then I installed the
> program via Yast (SuSE 7.0), which resulted in a bunch
> of files all over. The program however seems to be at
> /usr/bin/. But now, when I type at the console, I get:
>
> bash-2.04# /usr/bin/gnucash
> /usr/bin/gnucash: error in loading shared libraries:
> libguile.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> Should this file not have been somewhere created during
> Yast?
> Al least I cannot find it...
> Or will a gnome program not run with KDE 2.0?
> Thank you for your help!

GnuCash will run with kde. You got the gnucash rpm off
the ftp.gnucash.org site? That rpm was created for SuSE-6.x,
which uses an earlier version of guile than SuSE-7.0. We don't
have any rpms for SuSE-7.0. I believe there are some SuSE-7.0
users on this list, or possibly the gnucash-devel list who
may be able to help you compile gnucash.

dave