Log files and swap space

Doug leonmcclatchey@homemail.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:11:12 -0600

I don't know about the swap (I'm running 1.4.3, 1.4.9 wouldn't install=20
because it wouldn't accept the ld??.so.9), at any rate, after the first t=
ime=20
I looked in that data directory and discovered all those *.log and *.xac,=
 I=20
checked it out and it seems each time you run gnucash, a new set of files=
 is=20
created, when I checked it out, I discovered that the only "valid" data f=
ile=20
is the one that don't have an extention, so I created a little python uti=
lity=20
that purges that directory and set it up to do that once a week.  The sam=
e=20
utility I use to run gnc-prices to get the stock quotes, works great here=
:-)

But, I do recommend keeping a backup copy of the "data file without the=20
extention"