Installation fails, g-wrap error?

Doug leonmcclatchey@homemail.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:02:46 -0600

On Monday 19 February 2001 05:27 pm, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> Doug writes:

> > > For gnucash 1.4.10 you should use g-wrap 0.9.x.
> > >
> > > dave
> >
> > I installed g-wrap 0.9x and got the same error.  This occurs on both =
4.9
> > and 4.10, it seems that it don't want to recognize libguile.0.9.so (A=
nd
> > it's in the library path, albeit, it gets installed in /usr/local/lib
> > rather than /li b
>
> I don't think the error reported above is related to libguile.
> What version of g-wrap did you install?
>
> dave

The g-wrap rpm package I installed under Suse 7.0 was 0.9.4.  When I trie=
d to=20
install the RPM packages for gnucash 4.9/10 It kept asking for libguile.s=
o.9,=20
which I obtained as a rpm and installed, the libguile installed in=20
/usr/local/lib (which is part of the ld_lib path, and I set up a guile=20
environment as per the docs pointing to this directory as well.  In /usr/=
lib,=20
libguile.so.6 is in place which is required for other packages that I am=20
currently using.  But, just to be sure, I also symlinked the 9.so package=
 and=20
moved the 6.so package to see if that made a difference.  The result was =
the=20
same, gnucash 1.4.9/10 (rpm) refuses to see the libguile.so.9 package.  W=
hen=20
I went to compile the source code, it came up with the error above, so I'=
ve=20
continued to use gnucash 1.4.3 which for the most part fullfills my basic=
=20
bookkeeping needs.  Although, I would like to see "year-end" utilities ad=
ded=20
to the next version:-)  When I was running windooze, I used quicken, and =
that=20
was one of the things I liked about, that gave me the ability to keep the=
=20
data file to a reasonable size.  Also, it would be nice to have a export=20
utilty to export data for tax software as well:-)  (BTW, is there any tax=
=20
software available for linux?)

Thanx Loads
Doug

--=20
cya l8r
Leon D. McClatchey
mailto:leonmcclatchey@homemail.com
Linux User 78912 (Suse70 Box)

When the speaker and he to whom he is speaks do not understand, that is
metaphysics.
=09=09-- Voltaire