Installation fails, g-wrap error?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:35:14 -0800

Doug writes:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2001 01:11 am, Dave Peticolas wrote:
>

> > There is no binary tgz version, but if you want to try compiling again
> > we can try to help you out. The data format is the same for all 1.4.x
> > versions.
> >
> > dave
>
> Ok, I just went got got version 1.4.10 and while I am writing this, it is
> attempting to compile:-)  One of the things that I am noticing is that I am
> getting a lot of Make(?) errors.  The numbers that is usually showing up in
> the parenthesis is 4 or 5.
>
> The compile finally aborted with the following error:
> 	FLAVOR=gnome g-wrap --api c --target guile cnc.wrap
> 	ERROR: In procedure execlp:
> 	ERROR: Permission denied
> 	make(3): *** [gnc.c] Error 2
> Then there are a few more lines talking about Error 3,2,1 and leaving various
>
> directories.  But the main thing is the above mentioned error.  No matter
> what I do, I can't get past the "execlp" error and the Permission denied?
>
> Where is procedure execlp?  BTW, I am compiling this as root, but even if I
> compile it under as a "normal" user, I get the same error?

execlp is a built-in guile procedure to execute an external
program from a guile script.

The g-wrap script (in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin or whereever you
installed g-wrap) executes another script (/usr/libexec/g-wrap-guile).

Could you look in the g-wrap script and make sure that the path
to g-wrap-guile is corect? Also, could you make sure that g-wrap-guile
has been given execute permissions?

thanks,
dave