Installation fails, g-wrap error?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net (Robert Graham Merkel)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:45:57 +1100

Doug writes:
 > On Wednesday 21 February 2001 05:35 pm, Dave Peticolas wrote:
 > >
 > > execlp is a built-in guile procedure to execute an external
 > > program from a guile script.
 > >
 > > The g-wrap script (in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin or whereever you
 > > installed g-wrap) executes another script (/usr/libexec/g-wrap-guile).
 > >
 > > Could you look in the g-wrap script and make sure that the path
 > > to g-wrap-guile is corect? Also, could you make sure that g-wrap-guile
 > > has been given execute permissions?
 > >
 > > thanks,
 > > dave
 >
 > Well, I just went and checked out those scripts, and the path's were correct,
 > but g-wrap-guile did not have executable rights, I added that right, and now
 > 1.4.10 is being compiled even as I write:-)
 >
 > I did notice that gnucash appears (sql) to be setup (at least for now) to use
 > postgres sql routines.  I run with mysql here, (Mainly because it's a bit
 > easier to use than postgres (probably because there are more interfaces
 > available).  When the sql parts of gnucash has been develop, will it matter
 > which engine is used?  I was hoping that it would finish before I finished
 > this, but it's still running so I guess that's a good sign:-)

There is *no* functioning sql stuff in 1.4.x.  Current CVS does
contain a bunch of stuff from Linas Vepstas that works with Postgres
(if you optionally compile it in).

While a system that works with all SQL backends would be kind of nice,
I'm told that the incompatibilities make it too difficult to write
code that works with all of them.  You might want to have a look at
the development mailing list archives and follow the SQL debates:

http://www.gnumatic.com/pipermail/gnucash-devel/

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We can build a better product than Linux" - Jim Allchin,
chief Windows Technologist, Microsoft Corporation.