libguile problem

brownh@hartford-hwp.com brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:09:27 -0500

Rob,

> > I just upgraded from Red Hat 6.2 to 7.0, and as a result lost ability
> > to run gnucash:
> >
> > Error while loading shared library: libguilde.so.4 does not exist or
> > can't be found.
>
> Sounds like the new version of redhat switched you to a new version of
> guile, but your version of gnucash is compiled against the (now
> nonexistent) older version of guile.

Well, yes, but... First, I saw the "de" in libguil as an indication it
was for the German language. Second, running RPM Query on gnucash does
not show that it depends on libguil, which I assume it should. Third,
while I can recover the old libguil library from tape, I've no idea
where to put it, since RPM verify does not tell me anything about
libguil. Finally, what is the meaning of RPM Verify saying that the
file modes were wrong, for it does not seem related to libraries.

Thanks. I probably should have expanded more on my initial question.

Haines