can't compile gnucash

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net (Robert Graham Merkel)
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:40:27 +1100

Jan Handwerker writes:
 > Hi *,
 >
 > I just tried to compile gnucash. I've got gnucash 1.4.9. ./configure
 > worked, but trying make ends up with
 >
 > Making all in guile
 > make[3]: Entering directory `/root/gnucash/gnucash-1.4.9/src/guile'
 > FLAVOR=gnome g-wrap --api c --target guile gnc.gwp
 > ERROR: In procedure execlp:
 > ERROR: Permission denied
 >
 > I comiled as root, so there is no permission denied. But I do not
 > comprehend what is execlp. Can somebody help me?

Yep.  There is a complete path ending in "g-wrap-guile" in the g-wrap
script.  Check if the file in the path exists.  If it's not there,
see if you can locate "g-wrap-guile" somewhere on your system, and
change the string in the g-wrap script to point to the correct file.

The g-wrap build process is supposed to set this up correctly, so
something got screwed up in building and installing g-wrap.  Where did
you get g-wrap from - did you get a package or build it yourself?

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We can build a better product than Linux" - Jim Allchin,
chief Windows Technologist, Microsoft Corporation.