Some beginner questions

Jan Handwerker jan.handwerker@web.de
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:18:11 +0100

Dear list, dear Wesley Sheldahl,
>> 1. Is there a complete text book as a manual?
>
>GnuCash comes with on an online manual,

Yes, I found that. But I'm searching for a introducing book that can be read
offline. I just printed out the html-version of the manual and it cost me about
60 times "load - print - o.k.". So it would be nice to have a real manual
besides the online help. As an introduction I do not search answer to questions
but something like a comprehensive overview.

>When you "scrub" an account, it goes
>through and looks for unbalanced transactions and creates balancing
>transactions in an account called "Unbalanced" or something similar.

O.k. So nothing happens as long as data were entered in gnucash and no accident
occured.

Yours,
Jan

>> 3. Is there a way to change the fontsize?

>> 4. I'm just testing and probably I will switch back because gnucash does
>> not
>> prove to be reliable (gnucash fans don't blame me, I'm new and I can
>> imagine
>> this could happen). Is there a (tested) way back to money? Or do I have
>> enter all transactions again in money (this would mean I can give gnucash
>> only
>> a very short testing phase).
Jan Handwerker                           Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
Telefon 07247-82-2847  Institut fuer Meteorologie und Klimaforschung
jan.handwerker@imk.fzk.de           Postfach 3640, D 76021 Karlsruhe