static compile.

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
26 Feb 2001 15:58:05 -0500

 rob> rob@myinternetplace.net writes:

 >>> How difficult would it be to compile one static binary of
 >>> gnucash?

 rob> Wow, I worded that poorly.

 rob> What I am asking for is a single binary which would take care of
 rob> the dependency garbage for the different dependencies which are
 rob> out there.  While it wouldn't be a package, or even a part of a
 rob> package, but it would allow people who can't admin their systems
 rob> to the gnucash standards to have a shot at trying it out.

 rob> I would then be able to run gnucash even on machines where I
 rob> don't have root.

 James> I haven't tried this, but doing something like
 James> 'LDFLAGS="-Bstatic" ./configure <whatever configure options
 James> you use>' might do the trick, or at least come close.

Let me correct myself a bit

LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --enable-static <and the rest>

will actually work (unless like me you have multiple defined problems
in your libraries).

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!