problem starting gnucash1.4.3 (SuSE6.4)

Tyson Dowd trd@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:52:38 +1100

On 01-Jan-2001, Klaus Neumann <KlausN@hctc.com> wrote:
> Just downloaded and installed the binaries for my SuSE6.4 system:
> gnucash-1.4.3-1.i386.rpm
> slib-2.8-1suse.noarch.rpm
> g-wrap-0.9.4-1.i386.rpm
>
> Now, when I try to start gnucash, I get:
> klaus@linux:~ > gnucash
> gnucash: error in loading shared libraries: libesd.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> The file libesd.so.0 exists in the directory /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/ and
> there is an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf:
> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib=libc5
>
> Why can't gnucash find it? Any help will be appreciated!

I'm not very sure about this, but it looks like an old libc5 version of
esd is being found.  Chances are there is a package containing a newer
version of libesd (which is linked against libc6) for Suse 6.4 somewhere
around.  ESD is the Enlightened Sound Daemon.

(I have a Suse 6.3 box here that has /usr/lib/libesd.so.0.2.15)

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.