Slow processing

Jim Woodruff jawoodruff@home.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:32:09 -0800 (PST)

I just installed gnucash-1.4.3-3 via rpm obtained from
gnucash.org on my 533Mhz Alpha 21164PC that has 64 MB
SDRAM and 1 MB SRAM cache. I'm running Red Hat 7.0.

I successfully imported Quicken 2001 QIF files from my
wife's windows machine but have run into a major problem.
Whenever I open, close, change preferences, enter data,
etc. my checking account register (my checking account
QIF file was 347 Kb in size) my computer processes and
perfonms read/writes to my harddrive for 5-7 mins.  Top
shows approximately 17% cpu and memory usages. This makes
this program totally unusable.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?
The program seems to work fine on all other accounts
(which are considerably smaller in size).

--

-
Jim Woodruff  < jawoodruff@home.com >