QIF Export; Tax export;

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:04:12 -0500

Hi Frank,

Someone recently sent out a message about this (see below).  Currently,
there is no way to export QIF.

Jason

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:00:16 -0600
To: Ron Bergeron <bergeror@mediaone.net>
Cc: gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com
Subject: Re: converting from gnucash back to Quicken
From: grib@gnumatic.com (Bill Gribble)

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 09:53:55PM -0500, Ron Bergeron wrote:
> What happens if I use gnucash for a few weeks or months and then decide that
> it isn't for me? Is there any way to export my data from gnucash back into
> QIF form so I can load it back into Quicken?

Right now, you are sort of out of luck.  Gnucash doesn't have a QIF
export mechanism.

However, in the 1.5 series, the gnucash native file format is an ASCII
text XML file, so you could probably hack up a perl script to do it :)

QIF export is on my personal list of stuff to do.  I am going back to
the QIF importer for another round of improvements as soon as I finish
the report generation stuff I'm working on now, and I may whip up an
exporter at that time.

Thanks,
b.g.