nventory accounts under gnucash?

Larry Stamm lstamm@mcbridebc.net
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:03:44 -0800 (PST)

I have a small specialty manufacturing business, and I have been
trying to find an accounting software system that will meet my
needs. I tried SQL-Ledger, but it seemed more complicated than I
needed so I am trying GnuCash now. It seems that it might do the job
for now if I can figure how to keep track of inventory under GnuCash.

Has anybody else set up an inventory tracking system (just monetary
value, not volumes) in GnuCash.

Also, I make sales in USD, CAD, and Euros and have bank accounts in
each of these currencies.  The present currency conversion process in
GnuCash is tedious to say the least, and I am wondering what future
plans there might be to change this function.

And finally, it would be nice to have SQL capabilities in the
database.  Is there any plan to implement that in the near or medium
term future?

--
Larry Stamm
http://www.mcbridebc.net/~lstamm