account aliases (was "account grouping?")

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:57:10 -0500

petey@uu.net said:
> It'd be useful if "Insurance:Auto" and "Automotive:Insurance" could me
> made to refer to the same account so you could access it on any of
> several reasonable paths. Something like symbolic links. If no one
> thinks this is a bad idea and something like it isn't already in the
> works, I may just roll up my sleeves and take a crack at it myself.

Sounds useful.  I wouldn't mind seeing it (I'd use it), although I'm fine
without it and if it adds unnecessary complication, I'd ditch the idea.
Note that we'd probably want "hard" links so there is no distinction
between the accounts.  If you allowed "soft" links, one account would
carry the distinction of being the true account.  Removing the one true
account would leave a dangling link and no account.

Jason