GnuCash and the Euro

Marcel Felgentraeger marcel.felgentraeger@gmx.de
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:30:49 +0100

Hello.

I have noted some things while setting up my accounts for the new year. First I
would like to point out, that there is obviously an error in the german
localization. Using V1.4.3 I have two "Haben" account types. Unfortunatly I
have no Idea to what they correspond in the english version. Maybe someone
could check this.

I have read in the mailing list archives, that somebody wanted to work on a way
to export the account list, so that you or some others can use them later. Is
there any news on this? I think that would be a great idea, since I found out,
that the account list is always evolving, the more so when you are just
starting. That means that at the end of the year you might have a totally
different structure as you started from and thus would have to either delete
all the transactions you made during the year and save this or work over the
account list you may have saved bevore you started, which would mean double
work. Exporting the list would be a great thing.

My last suggestion for today is concerning the handling of accounts with
different currencies. Wouldn't it be better to add a field in the transaction
requester where you could type in the exchange value? This way one could
transfer money from one account to another and if needed just type in the
exchange rate. This is probably just usefull for german users right now, since
we have to deal with to currencies at present :)

Unfortunatly I am just a simple user, so I can only contribute by pointing out
things. :)

--

CU Marcel

	"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" (Robert Jordan)