Auto-repeating entries

Leo L. Schwab ewhac@best.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:20:50 -0800

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 10:11:56AM -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:
> What about using a modifier key on the day keys?  [ ... ]

	I like this idea best.  Modifier keys tend to exist in a separate
"conceptual space" from normal alphanumeric keys, so it's far easier for the
user to remember one pair of keys with modifiers applied rather than four
pairs of unmodified keys.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:50:22AM -0600, linas@linas.org wrote:
> -- the key bindings that M$ uses for its calander widget.
>
> I rather like the last: its a handy little nod/helper for those
> migrating from M$.

	If they key mappings are made entirely customizable, the set of MS
bindings should be one of the shipped options (though not the default).

					Schwab