Mutual funds balance adjustment

Andrea.Borgia@nokia.com Andrea.Borgia@nokia.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:57:27 +0200

> You should enter a new price for your shares, like this: you
> know the new total value, you divide it by the number of share you have
> and enter a new transaction with only a date, a description and a price
> (that ratio value/shares).

There's nothing like posting to make you think again... the important thing
is: forget about the "Adjust balance" dialog.

You can achieve the same result as with the method outlined above by
entering your new total value instead of a new price and then letting
gnucash recalculate your share price (I think).

Bye.