Transaction Recalculated Before Split Complete

John W. Tiede j.tiede@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:34:37 -0700

linas@linas.org wrote:

> It's been rumoured that John W. Tiede said:
> >
> > My expectation is...
> >
> > Acct      |  Debit    |  Credit
> > -------------------------------
> > Asset 1   |    $8     |
> > Income 1  |           |  $10
> > Expense 1 |    $2     |
>
> I'm not sure, but maybe your problem is that you're uising the
> register in 'single imne mode'.  You want it in 'multi-line mode'.
>
> (Future versions rename this to 'ledger mode', and fix the column
> arangement.  'multi-line mode' in version 1.4.x is rather confusing
> to use.)
>
> --linas
Thanks for your response.  I was using gnucash in the multiline
mode.  When you use gnucash in multiline mode, do the numbers you
enter remain fixed until the split is complete or do they change
as you enter data?

John Tiede