QIF Fund Prices

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 07:45:29 -0500

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:51:07PM -0400, Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:
> What is the easiest way to get commodity prices included in a QIF into
> GNUCash?  For some reason when I import a QIF dump from my 401k provider
> the prices are not imported, even though they are in the file.  Is this
> supposed to work, or are there design reasons prices are not imported with
> the quantities and the rest of the transaction?

I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.  There's a mechanism for
price quotes that get tacked on to the end of the QIF file; those
aren't imported just because nobody's gotten around to it yet.  There
are also prices included with transactions involving stocks; those are
what we call "implicit prices", and they will show up in the stock
register but not in the "price editor", which is just for price quotes
not associated with transactions.

Which of these were you asking about?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble