libguile again

brownh@hartford-hwp.com brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:18:55 -0400

I've been following the lengthy discussion of dependencies and
libguile, but still stuck.

I run gnucash 1.4.10-1 under RedHat 7.0. I upgraded to GNOME 1.4, and
that included and installed gnucash 1.4.11. Now when I try to
start gnucash, it won't run. I get the following error message:

	error while loading shared libraries:
	/usr/lib/libguile.so.9: symbol __sysconf, version GLIBC_2.2 not
	defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Didn't know what to make of this, but restored libc.so.6 anyway
(because apparently some versions of gnucash are stuck back at a
RedHat 6.2 level), and that didn't help.

I'm in the process of downloading gnucash 1.6.0-1, but it's painful
getting it off the ftp server (after a whole day, only half way
done). Would its installation solve the problem?

Haines Brown