libguile again

brownh@hartford-hwp.com brownh@hartford-hwp.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:19:20 -0400

Dave,

> It appears you upgraded guile to version 1.4. In that case, make sure
> you download the version of gnucash in the redhat-7-guile-1-4 directory.
> You will also need the other packages in that directory.

I gather you are saying that when I installed guile-1.4, I put myself
in a position where I could only use the version of gnucash that comes
from Red Hat and associated with that version of guile.

If you are saying there's a guile directory at the RedHat site, I
failed to find it. A search on Red Hat's site showed that the only
guile rpm available there to download was guile-1.3.4-9, and there was
no gnucash to download at all.

In any case, When I upgraded to gnome 1.4, I also installed guile-1.4
and gnucash-1.4. Are you suggesting those two rpms in the gnome
package are incompatible because Ximian's gnucash 1.4 is different
from RedHat's gnucash 1.4?

Haines