First-time user

Steven Watt steven.watt@excite.ca
05 Jul 2001 20:41:21 -0230

Hi Sean,

I'm a Linux newbie & I successfully installed GnuCash 1.6 this morning
(on a mandrake 8 system). My dual-pronged strategy: open gnorpm and
point your browser to rpmfind.net. Just keep trying to install the
gnucash rpm on gnorpm and keep going back to rpmfind.net to download the
packages listed in the 'dependency problems' window after the install
fails. Eventually, when you've satisfied all of the dependencies,
everthing should install (or 'upgrade') at once. In the end, I think I
needed to download over a dozen other packages before my system was
ready for the gnucash rpm.

Steve

--

Steven Watt