Chart of Accounts

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
09 Jul 2001 14:21:41 -0700

On 09 Jul 2001 10:11:43 -0600, Phil Reardon wrote:
> I have just started using gnucash, and like a lot of new users I went to the
> documentation to find a chart of accounts.  There seems to be no built in
> CofA that is part of the software, so I added one from the docs, one
> account at a time.  I even expanded it a bit.  I was careful to use account
> numbers in a more or less standard way.  Now I think others could profit from
> this bit of effort on my part, and I would donate it as a generic default
> CofA that other users could start from, but I don't know where it is stored,
> or even if it can be extracted from the rest of my accounts file.
>
> Can I somehow write my CofA to a file and post it to this group, or send it
> to the developers?

Which version of GnuCash are you using? Version 1.6 has a druid for
creating a chart of accounts. However, we probably missed a few
accounts/categories of accounts, so we might be able to use your
work. The mechanism doesn't currently support account numbers,
but we plan on adding that. In 1.6, you can export your account
hierarchy to a file.

dave