Chart of Accounts

Alan Dayley alandd@consultpros.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 19:37:48 -0700

Hi:

I have just started using gnucash, and like a lot of new users I went to the
documentation to find a chart of accounts.  There seems to be no built in
CofA that is part of the software, so I added one from the docs, one
account at a time.  I even expanded it a bit.  I was careful to use account
numbers in a more or less standard way.  Now I think others could profit from
this bit of effort on my part, and I would donate it as a generic default
CofA that other users could start from, but I don't know where it is stored,
or even if it can be extracted from the rest of my accounts file.

Can I somehow write my CofA to a file and post it to this group, or send it
to the developers?

PCR