Installation error on Mandrake 8.0

paul.poulain@free.fr paul.poulain@free.fr
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:27:43 +0200

At 22:38 09/07/01 -0400, Joe Moraca wrote:
>After installing lots of sotware I still get this error using Mandrake 8.0
>with KDE:
>
>gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2:
>cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have the same problem when I try to launch GC from command line after a
su (ie : when you're registred as superuser for installing the software).
When I exit (ie : go back to my non-superuser account), it works quite well...

Hope This helps.

>I have tried to install from source but am now getting an error due to no
>gnome-print.  I tried to build gnome-print and it gives some XML error so I
>installed libxml2-2.3.9 and it didn't help.
>
>I have worked pretty hard to no avail.

I had to work hard too to install on Mandrake 8.0. But everything (except
GC and guppi) is provided on the MDK8.0 CDROMs (I've the GPL version)
--
Paul