new experiences with gc 1.6.0

Poldi Winkler poldiwinkler@planet-interkom.de
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:28:41 +0200

Am Montag,  9. Juli 2001 22:59 schrieb Dave Peticolas:
> On 08 Jul 2001 17:43:35 +0200, Poldi Winkler wrote:

> > In gc 1.4.9  I use mutual funds and in the register I can buy
> > or sell shares and I can put in also the DAILY PRICES- the
> > balancing is calculating at once the new price with the shares
> > - perfect. Now it is not longer possible in the new register
> > (the old one -bought, sold, price, value, stock shares,
> > balancing and the new one shares, price, buy, sell and share
> > balance).
> > Therefor I have tried to use the price editor( In the help is
> > only the situation of gc 1.4). I can add, delete and correct a
> > price, but I didn't found a possibility to SEE the prices of
> > the last days or months or whatever. And I couldn't find a
> > graph (not yet ?) for seeing the developments of the prices in
> > the past.
> > Where can I find the old prices and what possibility is there
> > to get an overview about the development of the stocks?
>
> Try the graph Report->Assets & Liabilities->Price Scatterplot.
> You will need to click 'Options' and set the commodity for
> which you want to graph the prices.
>

> dave

Thanks Dave! I have found the graph but the situation is (in the
moment) not satisfied:
1. the price editor in gc 1.6 don't import my quotes/daily prices
from gc 1.4.9 - I believe
2. there is no possibility (I haven't found) to list the daily
prices of the different mutual fund
3. the price editor is very uncomfortable yet - you don't see the
previous and last inputs, you cannot delete figures of special
funds, only "all" (of what?) and the "last" (of what?).

Perhaps I can talk direct with the author of the price editor?

In the meantime I will use gc 1.4.9 a little bit longer. But,
anyway, I would like to praise all the authors for the new version.

Poldi