slib

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:15:09 -0500

Last night installed enough of the ximian packages to be able to install
gnucash 1.6.1 (on Redhat 7.0) However I can only run it as root. I get the
following message when gnucash is (not) started as an ordinary user:

------------
It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.

Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html

If you have slib installed, you may need to create
a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
(usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
is installed.

You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.

If I su root it runs and in this case much of the environment is the
same as user and gnucash is started from the user home directory.
I saw some old postings on your archive about this problem in
earlier versions of gnucash but none of the suggestions seemed appropriate
to the present case.

Is their a hidden permissions problem?

Dale Alspach