Can I do this?

Brian McAndrews brian_x7@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

First off, I'm trying to move over from Quicken.  I
basically just use it as a glorified checkbook, but it
does help me to easily reconcile my statements.  Also,
I theoretically manage my budgets:)

My bank lets me download to Quicken either with
WebConnect or to a QIF file.

Here's what I want to try:

On startup, have GNUCash check to see if there's a QIF
file in a well known place.  If one exists, let me
make the choice whether or not I want to import this
file.

Also, I'd like to have GNUCash bring up my "default"
register at startup.

Is this all feasible.  (Can I extend this using
guile?)

Thanks
Brian