survey

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:08:56 -0500

When I was filling out the survey, I was trying to cover two rather
distinct uses. One: I used gnucash 1.4 and just recently upgraded to
1.6 for my personal
finances. Two: I also am treasurer for a small non-profit
organization that is affiliated with a
very large organization. As treasurer I am supposed to be converting to a
mixture of Quickbooks Pro and a customized MS Access database. I am just now
getting started on that and so part of the time I was answering questions
as home user and part of the time I was answering questions to ask for the
same functionality (or better) than this Quickbooks Pro/Access system.

Because  of the way this operation works I don't have much need for
billing. I do have a need for paying vendors and tracking donations and
donors. So the
needs I listed may seem a little odd to someone thinking of a more typical
small business operation. Also I was probably the only one to ask for the
ability to produce transactions for the automated clearing house system
which is used by banks in the US. That is because I have donors who would
like to have their checking accounts debited automatically once a month for
a donation and the bank we are using has no suitable system for a small
operation.

Dale Alspach