Problem with dependices

Aaron Benedict aaronmb@telocity.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:49:36 -0400

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 08:57, Greg Woods wrote:

> This looks very much like you have an older version of tkinter already
> installed. You can try using the F flag (freshen) instead of i (-Fvh).
> If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the old
> tkinter first (rpm -e --nodeps tkinter), then installing both new
> packages on the single command line.
>
> --Greg
I did the uninstall of the old version of tkinter and then tried=20
installing on the single command line. I got past the first problem but I=
=20
am now encountering a different error:
[root@Alannon tmp]#  rpm -ivh tkinter-2.1-2mdk.i586.rpm python-*.rpm
file /usr/bin/python from install of python-2.1-2mdk conflicts with file=20
from package python-2.0-9mdk
file /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/python-mode.el from install of=20
python-2.1-2mdk conflicts with file from package python-2.0-9mdk
file /usr/share/man/man1/python.1.bz2 from install of python-2.1-2mdk=20
conflicts with file from package python-2.0-9mdk

Tried doing a -Fvh or a -U and I get this error:
[root@Alannon tmp]# rpm -Fvh python-*.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        python =3D 2.0-9mdk is needed by python-docs-2.0-9mdk

Should I use the --nodeps flag with this too?

Aaron
--=20
AIM:  benyab     Yahoo: abenedict
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you. Then=
=20
you win." - Mahatma Gandhi