Fwd: Re: Paying Expenses

Nathan Matias ruberpaw@ptdprolog.net
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:38:03 -0400

Whoops. I'm used to being able to hit "reply" on mailing lists. I sent this
email to Georg accidentally.

Nate

> BTW... is this common business practice? I think I remember reading a
> German accounting book where it said that a transaction involving
> asset and liability should be on the same side for both
> accounts... Anyway it doesn't really matter as long as you are
> consistent. ;)

To be honest, I know very very very little about accounting as opposed to,
say, hacking. I just thought that GNUCash would make things a little easier
than trying to use about a million hand-written notes scribbled all over the
place and pushed into a file :)

So I'm basically trying to struggle through stuff here.

My question then is where do I record how much I owe people if the expenses
thing is where I put in how much I pay out to expenses?

Nate

Lancaster PA Linux Users Group!  www.lancaster-linux.org
(message sent by Kmail, www.kde.org)