Sync with gnome releases

greg@gregandeva.net greg@gregandeva.net
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:50:17 -0600

> 'official' Ximian Gnome dist.  Looking on their ftp site, they have
> libgal6 and libgal7.  That being said, gnucash should still compile OK
> against libgal8.

It compiles fine against libgal7 (I've got libgal3 too, because some of
the other packages I needed required one or the other). The problem I
had trying to install from RPM's was that they required libgal8, and I
couldn't *find* libgal8 *anywhere*. I still don't know where it can be
found. Neither Google nor rpmfind.net were able to locate it. That was
when I gave up on the RPM's and went to compiling from source.

--Greg