Fwd: Re: Paying Expenses

Darryll Truchan dtruchan@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:14:44 -0400

On Saturday July 21 2001 02:53, you wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2001 12:19:35 -0400, Darryll Truchan wrote:
> > I must agree with Leo.
> >
> > I am not an accountant, I am not a bank.
> > I want to see my money from my perspective.
> >
> > How about another choice of display prefs?
>
> There is another choice. In the preferences
> dialog, unselect 'use accounting labels' and
> you will see more informal terms instead
> of debit and credit.
>
> dave

Informational labels are inconsistent and the
Accounting labels are reversed from how I wish.

I don't debit my change jar when I drop some dimes in.
I don't credit my wallet when I spend cash.
I may give my wallet credit for holding the cash, but that's all the credit
it gets.

I am not an accountant, I do not want to be an accountant, I just want to see
where my money goes.

Is it that wrong to want to see it how I like it?