Silly execution question

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
23 Jul 2001 17:45:03 -0400

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:22:47 -0400, Floyd Brown <flobro@mindspring.com> said:

 Floyd> I can run gnucash under root OK, when I try to run under my
 Floyd> normal lowly account, I get

 Floyd> ---- It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library
 Floyd> installed.  You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.

 Floyd> Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html

 Floyd> If you have slib installed, you may need to create a symbolic
 Floyd> link named 'slib' from the guile directory (usually
 Floyd> /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib is installed.

 Floyd> You may also need to run the following command as root:

 Floyd>   guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"
 Floyd> ------

 Floyd> Now I tried the recommended steps, and the symlink does
 Floyd> exist...

 Floyd> This appears to be a permissions problem, but I have not found
 Floyd> the "smoking gun" as of yet (And I am sure it is something
 Floyd> stupid as it always is).

Likely there is a file slibcat in the directory with the symlink that
is not world readable.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!