SQL Woes under 1.6

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:33:11 +1000

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:13:13 Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2001 22:30:02 -0400, Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:
> > The SQL backend for GNUCash is driving me batty.  I'm running GNUCash
> 1.6.1
> > against PostgresSQL 7.0.3.  I continue to face two problems:
>
> Hi, I have just begun to look at GNUcash (1.6.1) and was interested in
> the SQL Backend.
>
> Can some one point me to some info on the SQL setup, I can't see any
> "click this to use SQL" buttons, and nothing in the help.

Some documentation exists, but it's not yet in the main help system,
unfortunately.  If you have the source distribution, you can find the
documentation in src/engine/sql/README.

Unless somebody's built an binary package with SQL support (it's not
enabled by default IIRC), you'll have to build from source anyway.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig